Download Running Apache
we are behind once again. The program is working great but the help file is taking
longer than I had hoped. Oct 30th is the new projected deadline for the new help
file. I have a mailing list set up to make these kind of updates easier as well as a
web page update. Details to follow.
control of Apache with Running
Apache. Running Apache is a front end for the windows version of the
Apache web server which allows you to run Apache without exiting to DOS. The very
best feature of Running Apache is that it is (and shall always remain) FREE!
in Phase 1 include:
- No need to go to DOS to Start and Stop Apache.
- Running Apache minimizes to the system tray.
- Ability to start and stop Apache from the system tray.
- The Apache web server no longer displays the task bar.
- Hey, its free.
in Phase 2 include:
- Improved Help file.
- Option to run on start.
- Option to minimize on start.
- Verify the running status.
- Improved error checking.
- Only one instance of the program allowed.
- Separate system tray icons to display running status.
- The ability to configure Apache web sever with a user friendly interface. Including:
- creation of the the web structure for three virtual domains
- creation of default index.html files
- cgi extensions
- ssi extensions
- cgi-bin for each domain